When You Wish Upon a Star

|

I read in a post on Lady H’s blog that she loves Disney World. I couldn’t help but smile, and it got me to thinking. It all started with a mouse and a dream. One man envisioned a controlled and meticulously maintained fantasy environment in which people young and old could enjoy wholesome fun and share in the magic of make believe. Sadly, Walt Disney didn’t live long enough to see his dream come true, perhaps more so than even he had anticipated. I wonder if he would be surprised (horrified?) to know his dream appeals even to those predisposed to FemDom and BDSM?

I dislike crowds. I prefer to vacation in resorts that exclude children. I refuse to wait for an hour or more outside popular Olive Garden-type restaurants, waiting for my pager to indicate our table is finally ready. I find hot and humid weather uncomfortable. Yet I too love WDW. Despite the crowds and overly tired crying kids, despite the expense and humid Florida weather, there is something about WDW that draws me. I think it is the organization's commitment to Make Believe, and their Indefatigable efforts to carry it through to the nth degree that appeals to the romantic in me. I think it is also the ability to instill magic into peoples' lives that many are incapable of achieving on their own.

In a way it seems almost sacrilegious, that the same man could revel in Illuminations at EPCOT then go home to kiss the feet of his wife after thanking her for a spanking. That would be me. I get goose bumps standing in the World Showcase as the lights dim around the lagoon, and the music builds, the lasers flash, the fountains surge and fireworks, oh those fireworks that are so beautifully choreographed to the music. Yet I am equally enthralled and captivated submitting to Goddess V, worshipping her, obeying her, loving her, accepting her discipline, sharing life with her. Both experiences transport me to a magical place.

I may be a man who wants and needs to be dominated by his wife, but this doesn’t mean I am that different from vanilla people. I still delight in the magic of WDW. And if you passed me on Main Street you would see me as being no different than any other park visitor. The difference is that, being submissive in a loving marriage that Goddess V controls, I don’t leave the magic behind when I walk through the gate at the end of the day. I carry it with me in my soul. What may seem to be a fairytale to some, is a very real and welcome reality for me. As the song says:

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come to you.

If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star as dreamers do.

(Fate is kind, she brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing.)

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you thru
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true.

4 comments:

Queen'sKnight1 said...

What delightful thoughts. W/we too share joyous memories of WDW, from our honeymoon to the many times we have returned. WDW is so magical, it seems one has been transported to another world through a Star Trek holideck. i know what you mean about the lasers and fireworks. Other of O/our fondest memories include Cirque du Soleil, the African Safari, wonderful dining in the Rainforest Cafe and the restaurant in Epcot's Mexican pavillion, and sitting enjoying the tranquility of the cavernous lobby of the Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks for awakening such delightful memories, and for the many ways you reinforce the sweetness of LFA/FLR. your blog is always a joy to read.

Goddess H said...

I thought I had been confessing to some deep dark secret over on my blog and yet there are at least two of you who are willing to 'fess up to similar enjoyment of Disney. That makes me feel a lot better. I also find it amusing that when I was younger I used to worry about what other people would think about my kinky lifestyle desires and yet I've grown to the point where they no longer make me feel like a freak, yet my love for Disney now does. Quite a turn around. LOL

Anyway, thanks for this post explaining your feelings on the magic of WDW and how that fits in with the magic of your relationship. One day I hope to have that kind of magic for myself.

Lady H.

Lady Julia said...

I've missed reading your blog and was delighted that this was my first entry to read in quite some time. Wonderfully written.

Goddess-Isis-Moon said...

I have just recently found your blog and am looking forward to reading more.

Blessed be,
Goddess Isis Moon